The 2UBES VTX is a modern adaptation of a classic 60's push-pull microphone preamplifier design from a vacuum tube recording console. It uses custom designed audio transformers, is managed by a microcontroller and controlled remotely via WiFi if desired. It has two modes, "Clean" and "Glow" which changes the first stage plate load from passive to active. "Clean" is a classic honest Triode sound. "Glow" mimics a Pentode tube for something more retro. Two useful sounds. Push-Pull design also sounds different than the more common single-ended tube mic preamp designs out there. Different harmonic content as Push-Pull tends to cancel even harmonics and sum the odd harmonics..
Motorized Potentiometer provides smooth, transparent remote gain adjustment via slider control.
• Bar Graph level metering or Classic OG analog VU meter on OLED screen.
• Clear, visible illuminated pushbuttons.
• Remote AC power transformer puts the hum far away.
• Front panel Direct Input jack loves bass and guitars.
• Extra +15dB JFET Boost Stage up front brings those low level ribbon mics out of the mud.
• Highpass filters are 60, 120 and 240 Hz.
• -15 dB pad tames hot sources and allows use as line amp.
• 10 dB Output Pad allows front end to be overdriven for effect.
• Silent 48 Volt Phantom Power switching.